How do I get my phone to recognize my AirTag?
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone.
- Remove the battery tab from the AirTag (if applicable), then hold it near your iPhone.
- Tap Connect on the screen of your iPhone.
- Choose a name from the list or choose Custom Name to type a name and select an emoji, then tap Continue.
Why is my apple AirTag not connecting?
If you can’t set up your AirTag Then wake and unlock your iPhone. Wait up to 15 seconds, and the animation should reappear. If you have multiple AirTags to set up, make sure that only one is near your device at one time. If your AirTag still won’t connect to your device, reset your AirTag.
How do I reconnect my Apple AirTag?
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and the battery.*
- Replace the battery.
- Press down on the battery until you hear a sound.
How do I get my iPhone to recognize my Apple AirTag?
Find the precise location of an AirTag If you have a supported iPhone and are near your AirTag, you can find its precise location. Tap Items at the bottom of the screen, then tap the nearby AirTag. Tap Find.
How do I manually connect to my AirTag?
- Pull out the tab of your AirTag. Once you pull the battery tab out, your AirTag should play a sound.
- Then hold the AirTag near your iPhone. …
- Next, tap Connect.
- Then choose a name for your AirTag. …
- Next, tap Continue to register your AirTag with your Apple ID. …
- Finally, tap Done.
How far is AirTag range?
But their range maxes out at about 30 feet, and the range on AirTags is functionally infinite as long as there’s someone with an iPhone nearby.
How often does AirTag refresh location?
If your AirTag is in a busy area where there are lots of iPhones coming and going, its location may be updated as frequently as every minute or two.
How long do AirTags last?
AirTag is designed to keep going more than a year on a standard battery you can easily replace.
Why can’t I add an AirTag to my iPhone?
If you can’t add a new AirTag to your Apple ID, unpair your AirPods from your iPhone. Then, add the new AirTag and pair your AirPods back to your iOS device. Additionally, disable your Bluetooth and reset your AirTag.
Does Apple AirTag only work with Bluetooth?
Besides Bluetooth, AirTags also use a relatively new technology called Ultra Wideband. This new feature is supported only by recent Apple devices such as iPhone 11 and 12, and allows for much more precise location tracking.
Can I use AirTag to track my kid?
Utilizing Apple’s Find My network, an AirTag can work offline and track your child as long as they are within proximity of any Apple device. Additionally, the Find My network uses end-to-end encryption, which means no one else will be able to see the identity of the participating devices.