Why does my iPhone keep putting names in all caps?
Try to turn off Auto-Capitalization. Let’s go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Capitalization. Let me know if this helps. Have a great day!
How do I get my phone to stop capitalizing names?
- Open the iPhone’s settings by tapping the Settings icon on the home screen.
- Swipe down and tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Look down the list until you see a section labeled All Keyboards.
- Toggle the switch to the right of Auto-Capitalization off to disable auto caps.
Why is my phone capitalizing a name?
If it’s just a capitalization feature, turn off auto-capitalization. Same goes for auto-punctuation. Or you can disable it completely. Use slide typing: This is a smartphone feature that Google launched first and Apple added later.
How do I stop AutoCorrect from capitalizing words?
- Click the File tab.
- Select Options.
- Click Proofing.
- Click AutoCorrect Options.
- Click the box that says Capitalize First Letter of Sentences in the AutoCorrect tab to clear it and remove the default setting.
How do I stop my iPhone from automatically capitalizing certain words?
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to “General” and open the page.
- Tap “Keyboard.” …
- Under the “All Keyboards” list, disable “Auto-Capitalization” by tapping the slider so it turns white.
How do I turn off auto-capitalization on iPhone?
- Select Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Select Keyboard.
- If you have an iPad and use a hardware keyboard, select Hardware Keyboard.
- Turn Auto-Capitalization to on (green) or off (white).
Why is my predictive text in all caps?
That means you’re relying on its settings, too. The on-screen keyboard is set to capitalize the first letter of each sentence by default, regardless of whether you want it to or not. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Some on-screen keyboard apps offer you the ability to turn off the auto-capitalization feature.
How do you always type in lowercase?
To use a keyboard shortcut to change between lowercase, UPPERCASE, and Capitalize Each Word, select the text and press SHIFT + F3 until the case you want is applied.
How do you make text lowercase all the time?
Go to Settings>Keyboard>Auto Capitalization>Off. That turns auto caps off.
How do I reset my iPhone keyboard?
Go to Settings > General > Reset. Tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary. All custom words and shortcuts are deleted, and the keyboard dictionary returns to its default state.
Why is my iPad typing in all caps?
On the iPad on-screen keyboard, you can turn on Caps Lock by quickly double-tapping the shift key. You’ll know it’s activated because the key’s icon will change to an upward-pointing arrow with a horizontal line beneath it. To disable this, open Settings. Tap General, then Keyboard.
Why is Word automatically capitalizing?
There are multiple reasons why everything may become capitalized in Microsoft Word: The Caps Lock button on the keyboard is turned on. One of the Shift keys on the keyboard has physically jammed. A font type has been selected that only has upper case letters.
How do you make letters lowercase in settings?
Open the Settings app. Tap the section called “General.” Tap “Keyboard.” Tap “Auto-Capitalization” to toggle it off.
What is auto Capitalise?
Autocapitalization definition. Filters. The automatic capitalization of words by a word processor, as at the beginning of a sentence. noun.
How do you fix incorrect autocorrect on iPhone?
- Tap “Settings” on the home screen, tap “General” and then tap the “Reset” option. …
- Tap the “Reset Keyboard Dictionary” option and read the warning. …
- Tap the “Reset Dictionary” button.