How do I fix my mobile data not working android?
- Go to Settings and make sure mobile data is switched on.
- If you have a 4G device, go to Settings and check 4G is switched on.
- Check your Network mode is set to automatic.
- Try switching your phone off and back on.
Why isn’t my mobile data working on my phone?
Remove and Reinsert Your SIM Card Before rebooting, turn on Airplane Mode. Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off. If you still don’t have data, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, wait for a minute, turn your phone back on, turn airplane mode off, wait for 30 seconds, then turn mobile data on.
Why is my LTE not working?
Restart your device Press and hold the power button of your smartphone and then tap Restart. Wait a couple of seconds and turn it back on. Check your status icon and test the speed of your LTE connection by opening some websites or downloading some smaller apps.
Why is internet connected but not working?
If your computer is the only device that says it has a connection but no actual internet, it is likely that you have a misconfigured setting, faulty drivers or WiFi adapter, DNS issues, or a problem with your IP address.
Why is my data not working abroad?
The location of the Data Roaming setting may vary depending on the version of Android and the make / model of your phone, however the setting is generally found in: ‘Settings’ > ‘Connections’ > ‘Mobile Networks’ > select the Data Roaming toggle switch to ‘on’.
Why does my Android phone say no service when I have service?
Multiple reasons may cause the Android “no service” issue. Sometimes it appears due to radio signal, Airplane mode, poor reception or issues with your wireless carrier, SIM card issues, software bugs, etc.
Why is my 4G not working on my Samsung?
Enable The Right Network Mode If your phone is 4G/LTE, make sure you check that it’s enabled in your network options. Doing this is very simple. First, go to settings and select Sim cards & mobile networks as shown in the previous steps. Go to SIM card settings and under Mobile network, tap Preferred network type.
How can I solve data roaming problem?
- Make sure that roaming is configured in your mobile plan. …
- Airplane Or Flight Mode. …
- Turn off the device. …
- Software update? …
- Reset network settings? …
- Remove the SIM card? …
- Cellular Settings? …
- Use the application for WiFi connections.
Why is my data not working abroad o2?
Do you not have mobile internet abroad? Roaming may have been disabled on your device. Swipe up/down and go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks and enable Data roaming. Be aware that you can only use data without extra charges within our EU zone.
How do I activate international roaming?
- 1 Swipe up on the home screen to access your apps.
- 2 Tap “Settings”, then tap Connections.
- 3 Tap Mobile Networks.
- 4 Tap the switch to activate or deactivate Data Roaming. Please note: If the Data Roaming switch is greyed out, check that Mobile data is activated.
How do I reset my APN?
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More.
- Tap Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access Point Names.
- Tap Menu (3 vertical dots)
- Tap Reset to Default.
- Screen displays Restoring default APN settings.
- Screen displays Reset Default APN settings completed.
Why is my SIM card not showing network?
Enable the SIM card (Settings) Now, have a check of your network and SIM card setting. Open Settings > Mobile Network. Under SIM Card info and Settings, Tap the SIM, and toggle on Enable. Also, make sure the data roaming is ON to avoid this issue when you’re in a roaming area.
How do I refresh my mobile data?
Open Settings and tap System (it may be called General Management on other Android devices). Then, tap Advanced. Select Reset options (it may be called Reset network settings) > Reset Wi-Fi mobile & Bluetooth. Tap Reset settings at the bottom of the screen and confirm.
How do you reset your network settings?
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”