How do I fix my HP printer that won’t print?
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. …
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer. …
- Click Fix Printing.
Why is my HP Deskjet not printing?
Make sure the correct ink or toner cartridges are installed and the printer has sufficient ink or toner for your print job. Make sure no error messages or blinking lights display on the printer control panel. Resolve any errors before you use the printer. Restart the printer to clear any error states.
Why does my HP Deskjet printer print blank pages?
If you are using an HP Printer that prints blank pages even though you have ink in the cartridges, that means it’s a problem with printer hardware or with the software. Before you go to any technician you should know if printing blank pages is a hardware or a software problem.
Why is my printer not printing when the ink is full?
There are a few things that could be the cause of this problem, including: Empty ink or toner cartridges that need replacing. Ink or toner cartridges that have become dislodged from their proper place. The wrong paper size loaded in the input tray.
What do I do when my printer is printing blank pages?
- Print a Test Page. …
- Restart Your Printer and PC. …
- Fix Ink/Toner Cartridge Issues. …
- Unclog the Print Head. …
- Align the Printer Cartridges. …
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter. …
- Update Printer Drivers. …
- Print Directly to the Printer.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
- Select the file you want to print and open the file so it appears on your computer screen.
- Press the Ctrl and P buttons on your keyboard at the same time.
- Once the printing pop-up menu appears on your computer screen, select the printer you intend to send the job to.
- If needed, modify your print settings.
Why is my printer printing blank?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself. Check the following: Make sure the product is placed on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. The product won’t operate properly if it’s tilted or at an angle.
How can you tell if a printhead is clogged?
If your PC or the LCD screen on your printer is telling you that your ink cartridges are full but no ink is passing through to the paper, then it’s most likely that you are dealing with a clogged printhead. Blurry documents and images that appear faded are also signs that it’s time to remove the excess ink.
What are the most common printer problems?
- Printer is unresponsive.
- Printer won’t print.
- Bad print quality.
- Uncertain about printer security.
- My printer won’t scan.
- Too many paper jams.
- Prints too slowly.
- Printing is too expensive.
Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
Perform a head cleaning on the printer, if available. Try resetting the ink cartridge counter. Consult your printer’s documentation to get instructions for your specific model or check the manufacturer’s website for help. Verify no software errors are occurring and try printing a test page.
Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full HP?
A printer might not print black ink if it has not been calibrated. Thus, calibrating an Hewlett-Packard printer by aligning its printhead might fix its printing. Most HP printers will include an Align Printhead option on their Printer Maintenance or Tools control panel menus that users can calibrate with.
Why is my HP wireless printer not printing?
If you still can’t print, check the drivers are up-to-date. Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.
Is it worth it to fix a printer?
A good rule of thumb is, if the printer repair costs more than half of what it would cost to get a new machine, then perhaps you should buy a new one.
How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Can HP printers be repaired?
HP Business Customer Service Malfunctioning printers can also be taken care of at HP’s repair center by using HP’s repair and return offer. Service can be requested individually as required and supplemented by a 6-month warranty for repairs or a 12-month warranty for replacement parts.