How do I stop my screen from going black when I get a call?
Disable the proximity sensor to solve the issue once and for all. Of course, you can also turn off the proximity sensor by going to Settings ? System or System apps ? Call settings ? Disable the proximity sensor.
Why does my screen stay black when someone calls?
Your device has a sensor that detects proximity. The proximity sensor turns off the touch screen during voice calls when your ear is close to the screen. This prevents you from unintentionally activating other functions on your device when you are engaged in a call.
How do I disable proximity sensor when calling?
- From a Home screen, tap. Phone. (lower-left).
- Menu. .
- Call settings. or. Settings. . If needed, tap. Call. on the settings page.
- Turn off screen during calls. to enable or disable. Enabled when a checkmark is present.
How do I fix my proximity sensor?
- Clean Dirt and Dust Near the Sensor. …
- Check to See if a Screen Guard Is Blocking It. …
- Update Your Phone. …
- Use an App to Re-Calibrate Your Device’s Proximity Sensor.
Where is proximity sensor settings?
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- On the Test tab, scroll down and tap Ear proximity, and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I know if my proximity sensor is working?
- *#*#0589#*#* Light sensor test.
- *#*#2664#*#* Touch screen test.
- *#*#0588#*#* Proximity sensor test.
How do I turn off the sensor on my Android?
- First, enable the toggle: Settings > System > Developer options > Quick settings developer tiles > Sensors Off.
- Then turn it on: Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Sensors Off.
- It will immediately disable access to the mic, cameras, accelerometer, and more.
How do I keep the screen on during a call?
- From a Home screen, tap Phone (lower-left).
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Call settings or Settings. If needed, tap Call on the settings page.
- Tap Turn off screen during calls to enable or disable. Enabled when a checkmark is present.
Why does my Samsung screen go black when I make a call?
When you are on a call, the screen will turn off when you hold the phone to your ear to prevent accidental touches, and then turn on when you move the phone away. If there is something interfering with the proximity sensor, the screen may not respond as expected. The proximity sensor cannot be disabled.
How do I turn off proximity sensor on iPhone?
It is not possible to turn it off. And if you are not covering it then it is not what is turning off your screen. If you are on a speakerphone call or using a headset the screen will turn off to save battery energy unless you are actively using the screen.