Why isn’t my cellular data working on my iPhone?
Check your coverage area Make sure that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage. Turn cellular data off and then back on again. Go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you’re using your iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
Why is my phone not connecting to cellular data?
Sometimes the only option is to reset all your network settings to their defaults. Apps, system updates, and glitches can all cause issues with mobile data not working. To reset your network settings: Go to “Settings -> Network & Internet -> Network settings reset.”
How do I reset my cellular data on my iPhone?
To reset these statistics, go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data, and tap Reset Statistics. When you’re using an iPhone with Dual SIM, you can see how much cellular data you’ve used with your selected cellular data number.
Why is my LTE not working?
Restart your device Press and hold the power button of your smartphone and then tap Restart. Wait a couple of seconds and turn it back on. Check your status icon and test the speed of your LTE connection by opening some websites or downloading some smaller apps.
What to do if mobile data is on but not working?
- Toggle on/off Airplane mode.
- Restart your device.
- Empower the right network mode.
- Reset your device’s APN settings.
- Set APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6.
- Wipe cache partition from recovery mode.
- Reset your phone’s network settings.
Why is my iPhone only working on Wi-Fi?
If you feel that your iPhone is having a problem because of this bug, then you can fix the problem with thee steps: Open up iPhone’s main menu and go to the settings tab. Click on the mobile data option. Please turn on the data roaming feature in the mobile data window and let it reboot your iPhone.
How do I get my data working again?
- Check If You’ve Reached Your Mobile Data Limit. …
- Try Restarting Your Mobile Phone. …
- Check If You’re on Airplane Mode. …
- Check If You’re Using the Right Mobile Network. …
- Re-Insert Your SIM Card. …
- Reset Your APN. …
- Change Your APN Protocol. …
- Manually Enter Your APN.
How do I reset my mobile data network?
- Open the Settings app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Head to General management or System (depending upon the device you are using)
- Select Reset or Reset options and choose ‘Reset network settings’
- Now, tap on the reset button.
How do I fix my cellular data?
- Turn Off Airplane Mode. …
- Turn On Cellular Data. …
- Restart Your iPhone. …
- Check For A Carrier Settings Update. …
- Eject and Reinsert Your SIM Card. …
- Reset Network Settings. …
- DFU Restore Your iPhone. …
- Contact Your Wireless Carrier.
How do I activate cellular data on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > Cellular, then turn Cellular Data on or off for any app (such as Maps) or service (such as Wi-Fi Assist) that can use cellular data. If a setting is off, iPhone uses only Wi-Fi for that service. Note: Wi-Fi Assist is on by default.
How do I connect my iPhone to a cellular network?
- Verify that your SIM is activated and unlocked. See Set up cellular service on iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Cellular.
- Verify that Cellular Data is turned on. On models with Dual SIM, tap Cellular Data, then verify the selected line. (You can choose only one line for cellular data.)
Why wont my cellular data work on my iPhone 7?
Restart Your iPhone 7 If your iPhone’s still not connecting to Cellular service, it might have experienced a minor software crash that’s now interfering with some of its basic functions. Often, turning your iPhone off and back on again can resolve this error quickly.